For those that come across the phenomenon called hard water, life can be difficult. There are many people that live their way through making use of hard water, but that is not how they should live. Soft water is the natural digestion helping substance in the human body, not hard water, so people drinking hard water can also face problems in regards to this. They may also get a lot of questions, like how can the water be softened and what is the best water softener? Or how can they go about using the soft water for their daily activities. Well, there are about 5 tips given below to ensure that you can get softer water.
- The first thing to do when you get hard water is to boil the water, then allow it to cool. If the water is suffering from temporary hardness, due to the presence of bicarbonate and calcium ions rather than the permanent hardness, which is due to calcium and magnesium sulphates, then the simple boiling will be able to convert the hard water into softer water. This is due to the precipitation of the minerals of the water, due to boiling.
- You can add washing soda to larger amounts of hard water to soften the water. The washing soda is very similar to the baking soda found in the kitchen and also in the laundry where the supplies are stored.
- The use of Borax is also encouraged to soften hard water. You can find the use of borax in the laundry sections, and is a very good solution for laundry. It will help the clothes be brighter and also cleaner. Borax, when used in hard water, creates chemical reactions, which ensure that it is converted to soft water.
- Add about ¼ cups of baking soda to the bathing water and you can instantly create soft water for your bath. With this mixture, you can go about creating a wonderful bath that shall comprise only of soft water.
- You can create a filter in your house, to remove the hard water and the harmful ions from the water. You can make use of the fish tank filter charcoal and put them in between the coffee filters and pour them in your water before you want to drink. This temporary solution will help you to create soft water that can be beneficial for drinking and for other activities as well.